- We started out in the shipping and container business in 1901, when John Ripard and Son (Shipping) Limited was established as an agency handling passenger and cargo trade passing through the Mediterranean en-route to the East. Over the past 100-plus years, we have become true specialists in our field and have expanded our business to incorporate a full range of services. We are agents for several shipping lines operating worldwide.
- In 1963, RLR Yachting was set up to service the fledgling leisure yachting community in Malta. Providing yacht agency services and a range of leading brands via our retail outlet in Ta â€™Xbiex, RLR is a leading name in the yachting industry.
- In 1986, our associate company, Outline Ltd were awarded the franchise of Next in the Maltese islands.
- In 1998, we established MEDEX Container Lines due to demand for feeder services, and today, MEDEX has representation in 19 Mediterranean Ports.
- Aviaserve, formerly GlobeGround Malta started operations at Malta International Airport in 2005, and is the only private ground handler in Malta. With a full handling licence granted by the Maltese Civil Aviation Authority, Aviaserve handles flights for a variety of international airlines flying in and out of Malta. Globe Aviation in a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aviaserve, and handles general aviation at Malta International Airport.
- Drawing on the expertise gained by the groupâ€™s shipping and container activities, in 2006, Med-Express Tunisie was set up in Tunis expanding our shipping operations into North Africa.
We are absolutely committed to the sectors which we serve, and are an early adopter of new technology: This will keep the group at the forefront of innovation and service delivery.